Gallia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallia

A roleplay site where all is welcome, just hold the drama :)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 4:01 pm by Quindaro

»  A question.
Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 3:42 pm by Zyxeir

» Anybody out there still?
Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 6:24 pm by Quindaro

» Return from break
Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 8:28 pm by Shikyo

» Administration
Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:21 am by Gajeel Volk

» time to Get this place back on Track
Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 4:27 pm by Ragecano

» Second Takeover (Siege)
Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:31 pm by Harsolf

» Kenta and his spell
Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:35 pm by Shrade

» Kenta and his weapons
Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 2:56 pm by Shrade

Top posters
Fletcher Ren
Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] I_vote_lcapOf Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] I_voting_barOf Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] I_vote_rcap 
Quindaro
Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] I_vote_lcapOf Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] I_voting_barOf Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] I_vote_rcap 
Axium Ziakri
Shikyo
Harsolf
Masaaki Amaterasu
Kami Taka
Riotier
luc_5
Miyako Kiyoshi
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyrie Valenka

Kyrie Valenka

Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:19 am

It didn't really come as a surprise to Kyrie that she was flat broke. Not really. At least, that's what she kept telling herself. The odds were, at times, anything but what they seemed. Sometimes, a well-placed bet failed.

There had been a one percent chance of failure, though. A damned one percent. And it had come back and bitten her in the rear end, and now she was stranded in the middle of the lawless desert with no return ticket and no money for dinner. Or more betting. Or room, or board, or anything.

Well, there was always whoring. Or conning, which was a little bit more respectable but a whole lot harder to pull off.

Kyrie planted herself in the sand, legs splayed, and stared up at the sky. This walking thing wasn’t going well. The train tracks tempted her, somehow promising to lead her back to the place where she’d birthed all these bad ideas, but her feet weren’t listening, and her eyes weren’t, either. Black spots danced across her view every step of the way, and it was starting to get tiring, blinking them all away. The train station wasn’t that far—no, it was just over the dune—but even so, she wasn’t sure she’d make it.

No, she was just being dramatic. She swallowed another mouthful of spit, but it was just as disappointing as the dry throat. She could do something about the dehydration when she made it over the hill. It wasn’t a mountain, and the town wasn’t far off.

Kyrie pushed herself to her feet again, ignoring the tightness across her shoulders as her scars pulled to accommodate the movement. No. She wasn’t going to turn into some delicate, whiny little gentle-lady. Even if she was wearing a white dress. Even if she had been wearing bows and a pair of lacy boots—up until the moment she’d blacked out and lost them. Even if she still had a frivolous little country hat crammed in her backpack.

Kyrie blinked away spots and stepped forward. She nearly fell back down, too. The sand was soft, warm, glittering around the edges—fantastic and ethereal around those places where shadows would jump on dark nights and dreary days. She wasn’t seeing straight. Still, she could put one foot in front of the other, and before she could muster the energy to glance up again, she’d found the town.

And, just as the stationmaster had told her, it was a ghost town.

Kyrie stood in the middle of a wide street. She supposed it just seemed wide; really, it was only as big as a country road, though it was much emptier. Boards smothered every doorway in sight. The only things living here now were rot and memories. That, and the scrawny general store on the edge of town. Kyrie and the tumbleweeds ambled along the street. The girl came to a rest at the doorway, but the wind carried the little dead trees along—on, and on, and on. She might have sympathized with them if she were in a more poetic mood, but at this point, the clot of sandpaper that had become her throat was the one thing overtaking the entirety of her being. She was just… thirsty.

The door clattered shut behind her. The poor, decrepit thing rattled on its hinges, kicking up dust and sand in its wake. So much for a general store. A few phalanges of light illuminated the shop, and from what little of it escaped the shadows, it seemed empty. But, then, the emptiness had a hard-to-escape relativity to it. Though the dust hung in the air like humidity near the seaside, there were darker scuffs on the floor around boxes and cans. Bottles still lined the shelves, and nothing, as far as she could tell from holding them up to the light, seemed to be floating inside them. Still, she wouldn’t drink it, even if she did have money.

And any sort of desire to ever drink again.

“Hey!” Kyrie called into the darkness. There had to be someone out there. The darkness was all-consuming to the point that something must be living in it. As though on cue, she heard scuttling the moment her voice died down. Her voice had a certain croak to it, and the dust wasn’t helping.

A breeze kicked up. It wasn’t the natural sort, either. Kyrie’s eyes darted around the place, suddenly alert, searching for any hint of movement to latch on to. Her muscles tightened when they found nothing but black.

“Good afternoon, little missy. How may I help you?” came a voice from behind.

It took all the considerable willpower Kyrie could muster not to jump out of her skin. Her hands twitched—her first impulse had been to strike whatever had slipped up behind her—and she cold feel the familiar tingle of dust vaporizing on contact with her skin. “The train station. It’s still open, isn’t it?” she said, turning to face the creature. Thankfully, it was a man, but just barely so. The leathery thing stood a foot and a half taller than her, and though it wasn’t uncommon for men to do so, the way its eyes burned down toward Kyrie unsettled her. “If it is, I need a ticket.”

The old man stepped backward, shrugging. “Open is a relative term. I take cash. The next train heading anywhere’s due in,” he paused to draw a pocketwatch from his belt, “Well. Due in ten minutes. Might as well hurry.”

Kyrie swallowed. “Don’t barter?”

The old man shrugged again. “Got anything worthwhile?”

She shuffled her feet. “Well, I do have one thing.”

“And that is?”

Kyrie held her arm out to reveal a gleaming wristwatch. Her shoulders were dogged, and she hung her head in shame, but she couldn’t help but feel a tingle of relief as the man’s eyes caught on it. “It’s not something I’m keen on parting, so if you’ll take something else—my hat, maybe, or even my coat—it was my mother’s, and—”

He didn’t even pause to consider it. “That’ll cover it just fine. Just fine.” He disappeared behind the counter, a little jaunt to his step.

Kyrie smirked.

“The train’s out to Erisa, and unless you want to wait another week, that’s all the choice you’ve got. Let’s make this quick. Won’t want to miss the train, will you?” The old man nearly forced the slip of paper Kyrie’s hands. She hardly had to loosen the wristwatch to slip it over her wrist. It didn’t even fit her.

Mother’s, her arse. She’d picked it off some moron in a bar. In the distance, or, perhaps, even farther, what with the paper-thin walls, the train blared. “Would a little water be too much to add under that watch?”

“Not at all, dear.”

Yeah. She'd been a little dramatic. She’d survive.

(The following post'd be either here at the ghost town station or in the Erisa train station. Erisa's a bustling trade hub in the middle of the desert—loud, colorful, and scented like spices. You know, that sort of thing.)
Back to top Go down
http://renoire.boards.net/
Shikyo

Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:40 am

Shikyo was sitting on the train. He had grown weary of his duties as King of all Gallia and was escaping into the wild. As the train pulled into a station, he saw a young girl board the train. He hoped that she wouldn't recognize him but, who wouldn't. Still, he hoped that she wouldn't and he could have an honest, meaningless, and pleasant conversation.
Back to top Go down
Raban

Raban

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:53 am

Through days and nights of travel Raban rode on his horse resting and searching for the demon territory to only find train tracks within the wasteland of the desert only leading to a ghost town of sorts. "I am so lost....this isn't even the Demon's Territory or the Capital at all." Raban sighed as he rode in slowly looking around at the dry and desolate landscape of sand and old rotting buildings only for him to see a train station not too far from his sight. "Maybe they know where it is." Raban thought with joy as he keeping his shemagh on so his mouth and nose don't breath in the dry coarse desert, he got off his horse and patted it letting it go off somewhere but to grab his bag and food/water before anything. "Hello anyone here?" Raban yelled as he continued to walk on only to feel the presence of voided eyes and loneliness only to hear a train whistle blowing his thought was to make it to the train station thinking that it would take him to the demon territory. As he made it to the Train Station he directed his attention to the train as he waited it to stop too see a man that he has seen before. "Is that the cloaked man?" Raban thought as he looked at him with thought.
Back to top Go down
Kyrie Valenka

Kyrie Valenka

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:55 am

Kyrie stepped onto the train, flashing her ticket at the tired-looking boy manning the door. This train was a bit simpler than the last—and cheaper, too, from the looks of the cars. A shame, since it was utterly empty inside. The cars were long and utilitarian in design, compartments tiny and crammed with seats. The filling inside them looked as though it was about ready to stage a revolt from within the worn covers. She searched for a face, any face, to sit next to to break her hours-long silence, but the car she'd boarded was lonely, and the doors between cars were locked, anyhow. Kyrie took a seat in an empty compartment and left the door open.

Before sitting down, she pulled a book from her backpack—just in case. A glance out the window revealed a man on the platform, and if the odds were in her favor today, she might have someone to talk to. Then again, luck hadn't much been on her side lately, so she'd prepare for the worst. She smoothed the wrinkles in her dress and sat down, legs crossed, trying her best to ignore the silence.

After another few moments, she shoved her bag under the seat. Something underneath it caught and began to clatter. Kyrie jerked the backpack out and fumbled around, at last pulling free a little wooden contraption. A child's toy. It was a little duckling, carved of golden wood and polished to smoothness. Mass-produced, of course, but still pretty. Something she would have hated to lose as a little girl. She wound it up and watched as it waddled, feet paddling in some desperate mechanical march against thin air. She wished she could just throw it up in the air and let it fly away. Eventually, though, its motion died down, and the duck became a useless pile of wood again. Kyrie set it in her lap and replaced her bag beneath the seat.

Ah, well. She wondered if she could sell it at the next train station. She could feel a touch of clawing in the pit of her stomach.
Back to top Go down
Raban

Raban

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 3:10 am

Raban looked away from the man in the window and looked around for a way in because it was his first time going in a train so he looked around to step onto the train and walked over tired boy was and took out a small bag and gave him a few gold coins."I am very sorry it's my first time going on the train I hope these gold coins will suffice. Is it alright if sit somewhere?" Raban said as he pointed at the random compartments as the tired boy smiled for a moment stood away letting Raban pass. "Hmm...so that is how you get on trains maybe i will tell sister and mother about this." Raban was in joy as he walked down the hall looking through each compartment not knowing where to go. "Where do I sit?" Raban mumbled as he began to become confused.
Back to top Go down
Kyrie Valenka

Kyrie Valenka

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 3:29 am

Somewhere down the aisle, Kyrie heard snippets of conversation. She glanced out of her compartment to find a man stepping onto the train. He was dark, yet he was pale, too, at the same time. Fascinating. Kyrie smiled at him and sported a little wave in hopes he'd sit down nearby. She needed something to think about other than the pressing silence. There was still the other man, too, the one on the platform, but nothing about him much interested her, at the moment. Absently, she played with the little bird in her lap. Its wings flapped listlessly at its sides as she turned it over in her hand. Glancing down, she noticed that her fingers had left hollows in the bird's side. She'd absorbed a bit of it without thinking. Lovely. Now, it was worthless. She set it back down in her lap, but it rested too far over the edge of her knees, and it clattered to the ground.

Kyrie stood and drifted just outside the compartment and slipped the bird back inside. Sometimes, she couldn't stand how much of a moron she was.
Back to top Go down
Raban

Raban

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 3:39 am

Raban continued to walked down and stopped in front of the girl he was about to bump into. "Sorry about that I wasn't watching where I was going." Raban laughed a bit as he slowly unwrapped his shemagh revealing his face and hair most of it untouched by sand and dirt, "That is nice to see that there is someone here besides a empty car box. Wait what was going to ask someone again...oh well i will remember it soon enough." Raban thought as he smiled gently as he held his unwrapped shemagh in his hand bundled and putting his pouch of money in his empty pocket.
Back to top Go down
Kyrie Valenka

Kyrie Valenka

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 3:56 am

Kyrie jerked backwards when the man nearly hit her. She nearly hit herself—on the train's compartment door. It wasn't malicious, she knew, but she couldn't help but be a bit annoyed. How could someone be that inattentive? It wasn't as though she'd just darted out into the aisle. When he started talking to her, though, Kyrie couldn't gripe. It had been two days since she'd had a decent conversation, and she jumped at the chance to speak to another human being. Or...whatever he was. As he unwrapped himself, Kyrie couldn't quite pin down what sort of thing, exactly, the man was. As much as she hated not knowing things, though, she could let it slip. After all, he was company.

That, and, as Kyrie couldn't help but notice, he was company with money. She eyed nothing, but out of the corner of her view, she caught a hand with a purse of some sort darting into his pocket. Pouches like that usually contained something worth her time. If the conversation was no good, at least she'd make a bit of a profit.

"I'd have to admit to feeling the same," Kyrie said. The man was smiling, though likely not at what she'd said. "It's almost strange, how quiet it is on here. Usually, trains like this are packed. I know there have been times there haven't been seats to sit in. And I'll tell you, standing up on a train for seven hours isn't a pleasant experience." Especially not with some middle-aged man standing not comfortably but not unnecessarily close. She could swear there were times his brushing up against her arms weren't just accidents. It had been a relief, seeing that station. Then again, it had been much to his own loss that he'd stood so close. Kyrie didn't even need to face him to slip a hand into his pocket and transfer a purse of coins into her own bag. He probably hadn't felt a thing. Poor man.

Literally.

"Heading for the city, huh?" said Kyrie, gesturing for him to sit down in the compartment.
Back to top Go down
Fletcher Ren

Fletcher Ren

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 4:08 am

I sat in the middle of the train tracks. I had tracked shikyo. I was bored and I wanted something to do. I sat waiting for the train as it sluggishly slid towards me whom was about a kilometer away. The thieves around here had been causing trouble. Maybe I could tie up some loose ends. Some old guy had placed a complaint about his watch being stolen. Petty problems irritated me. But unfortunately a world of peace is what echo wanted.

As the train neared I shot a flare of blue fire up into the air so Shikyo knew it was me boarding. I chuckled as I heard the trains breaks slam on. An obvious realization they were about to hit someone verry dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Raban

Raban

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 4:16 am

"I agree with you about the train being too quiet it seems strange and off for some reason." said Raban in kind but felt the train really did feel off. "Could it be something on this train?" Raban thought as he had his hand tighten while wandering his eyes around for a quick moment to draw his attention back to the girl as he sensed his pouch was empty but didn't care much for it knowing his training within the military would help him through much tougher situations. "This is actually my first train ride...and I don't exactly know where this is going." Raban laughed in embarrassment as he looked shyly at her with his mismatched colored eyes only to look back again. "Can I ask if I can sit with you in that box?" Raban pointed at the compartment the girl was in.
Back to top Go down
Shikyo

Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Shikyo was staring lazily out the window, glad for the break from his responsibilities when he saw the signal that Fletcher Ren was nearby. The trains brakes screeched the train to a halt. Apparently the moron was in the way of the train. Though, why it would stop was beyond his knowledge, the cow catcher should have been more than enough to move the lightweight man from it's path. Shikyo sighed as it seemed his little vacation was over and exited the train to confront him. "What is it, Ren?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Fletcher Ren

Fletcher Ren

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 1:16 pm

"A few things.." I muttered as I started to walk onto the train "I need some new jobs.... Your king.." I took the note from my pocket and showed it to him briefly "secondly I need to find some girl..." I sigh as I toss the train conductor a small pouch of coins "thankyou for the unplanned stop" I turned back to Shikyo "I'm curios as to why your skipping town as well ...but honestly... I don't really mind.." I walked onto the train to get going. Awaiting shikyos responses.

(Please if/when you give me another job. Outline what my actual role is in the whole world domination.)
Back to top Go down
Kyrie Valenka

Kyrie Valenka

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 1:18 pm

"Can I ask if I can sit with you in that box?" said the man. Kyrie laughed. There was something quaint about the way he spoke. She waved him inside, the smile still lingering on her face.

"These little boxes are called compartments," said Kyrie, lightheartedly doling out the correction, "And as for what's on this train—I have no idea. If you're up for a little exploring, we could go check it out, though." She shrugged. "As for location, I know for a fact we're heading to Erisa. Not exactly my number one choice of travel destination, but at least it has laws. And, you know, a population."

That was an understatement, though. She'd been to Erisa before, and though it was anything but underpopulated, she'd hated it more than the desert. The only boon of that city was how numerous skeezy dives and clubs were. Neither one had any qualms admitting Kyrie, who, on a good day, looked eighteen at best. The downside, though, was that about half the men she'd talked to had assumed she was soliciting them, and most of them hadn't even made her aware of that; she couldn't count the number of times someone had just started to usher her out for no good reason only to find himself surprised she was a traveler and not... whatever they'd thought her to be.

That, coupled with the fact that the police had never found the "white-haired prostitute" responsible for leaving a tiny handprint in a man's chest—he'd spooked her, and that time, she hadn't been able to curb her hair-trigger impulse to turn around and throw out her hands—left Kyrie in every position to board the next train home the moment she got enough cash on hand. The watch had been a lucky find, and in a place like Erisa, luck was hard-bought.

God, she hated it when people thought she was a prostitute. But that, Kyrie supposed, was her comeuppance for frequenting the places she did at her age. People tended to assume things. A dear, dear friend, a friend so unfortunately "disappeared" at the ripe old age of twenty-one, had asked her how she hadn't ended up dead, yet. Kyrie had made some very powerful people very, very mad in her comparatively short life, and all she could respond with was a laugh and a shrug. She wasn't entirely sure. She couldn't even use a gun properly.

Moments later, the train's brakes screeched into action, and Kyrie felt herself jerked forward, then whipped back as the train came to a sudden halt. Curious, she glanced out the window, but all she found was desert and endless sky.

"So," said Kyrie, standing up and brushing off the skirt of her frilly, white number, "You up for that exploring?"

And with that, she crossed the aisle, opened the window, and peered out the train window at the scene outside.
Back to top Go down
Raban

Raban

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:19 pm

"Thank you letting me be in this compartment." Raban smiled as he followed her in looking around as he placed his food and water pouch near the compartment door he felt a sense of joy knowing he wasn't yelled at for being a idiot but he walked back a little as he looked over to the next box car. "Erisa? I thought this would lead towards to the Demon's Capital or at least the territory of it maybe I could find a way past Erisa to there. Hmm..." Raban thought making him quiet, within moments he felt a sudden jerk making him still but to move his upper body back and forth until he felt a stop but as so he felt something wrong as he began to hear slight tapping in the next box car.

(Just going for this for now, sorry about that.)

Last edited by Raban on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kyrie Valenka

Kyrie Valenka

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 4:59 pm

"I must ask, what is your name?" said the man. Kyrie turned from her post at the window, eyes following his to the next boxcar. Her gaze dropped, examining him as he walked—he seemed to be holding something, though what it was, she couldn't tell—and she considered the names she might hand out. Heléine? Anna? Renée? She'd used the name "Amandine" in the last town over; that was the name by which that poor sap she'd gotten that watch off of had known her.

Ah. Now, she had it. "My name's Lyra," said Kyrie. "Lyra Beaumont. You?" It was a name she hadn't used in years—not since she'd been fifteen, the year after she'd graduated finishing school and made her first trip to Erisa.

Kyrie followed the man to the next boxcar over to investigate. She wished she had something, like the pocketknife she'd kept in her belt until she'd lost that, too. She'd been lucky to have a change of clothes, and though it was a shame she'd had to toss out the lovely blue gingham she'd worn the night before. She wasn't entirely sure what had happened, but as far as she could tell, she'd drunk something a bit stranger than the glass of water she usually sipped all night. Somehow, though, she was still alive, and that was enough for her.
Back to top Go down
Raban

Raban

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 5:29 pm

"I have to ask whatever made the train stop in a jerk it woke the silence that was in the train, now if you have a weapon it is wise to wait until then until the threat can be determined. But if you want to know my name it is Raban." Raban said as he slowly walked to the next box of the train placing his hand at the door of the train box he felt something sickening. He opened the door to find nothing there only just the other boxed car that is closed shut firmly seeing a couple shadows moving about in the next car but it seemed unreal but knowing the situation the next boxed car was more open than closed.

Raban thought back remembering his training that his sword wasn't the only weapon he could use, so he proceeded to take out one gun from his side. "Need to determine the threat..." Raban thought as he shot the handle on the outside of the box car next leaving a loud sound and kicked the door open revealing more masked people but they had a weird beast with mutiple horns and two abnormal crevices that are teeth one in the abdomen and one on the mouth its was covered sharp razor fangs to be chained up at the middle of the room looking at Raban with its glossy blank eyes. "Well it seems I met the wrong type of people again. You are going to comply with the law or death." Raban said as he looked around at the masked people not doing anything but nervous as they prepare their weapons only for Raban to look at the monster again. "Release me...I want to be free Caesium..." The monster bellowed from the chest. Within seconds the masked people looked at Raban with anger and proceeded to attack him yelling. Raban started to shoot and slice through the masked people with ease as their screams yelled through the train  but only to leave 4 more masked people left they began to shake in fear as they ran to the back of the current box car Raban and the monster was in and ran out of the back running into the desert. He looked back at the monster again gripping his sword thinking of freeing him or not.
Back to top Go down
Shikyo

Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 7:08 pm

Shikyo heard shots being fired in the next car. He quickly rushed over and hid under the window for a moment before he peered inside. He saw that the shots had come from Raban, the man he was attempting to recruit for his Merry Band of Fellows. Before Ren could do anything, he grabbed him by the back of the neck and indicated that he should remain quiet but, watch at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Raban

Raban

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 8:55 pm

"Please let me go I have done nothing wrong." said the creature as it tried to wiggle its way free from the chains. "You may look like a monster...but first before I let you go tell me why were those masked people wanted you." Raban asked in a serious tone as he put his sword near the chains. "I was a human being once but these people have made me into this. I had a wife and child but they were turned as well but they disappeared somewhere I need to find them please I beg of you!" said the monster in sadness and pain, Raban sighed and looked at him and cutting away the chains that binded him, "Go now and find your family but remember this here and now I will cut you down where you stand if you cause harm to innocent people now leave at once." Raban said as he slowly walked away hoping the train to continue on as the monster smiled in tears of freedom escaping into the desert off to find his family. "Now the feeling is a little gone now....but there are a few more people in the back of the train I must deal with." Raban thought as he went to the opposite side of the box cars blowing out each lock the train had to find the few people that were in hiding only to be at the very back of the train he shot the door open to find not just multiple people but someone in a mask but this one seemed very different than the rest. Her figure was wrapped in bandages up to the chest area as her mask was cracked as black liquid fell from her eyes she slowly walked over to him as Raban was about to fire a shot the woman was too quick for him as she grabbed him by the throat and threw him into the next box car as she enter the sunlight her skin glistened like a diamond only for her to giggle at him as her mask began to move just like a face saying only four words that chilled his spine. "I will find you." as she giggled again disappearing in thin air. Raban slammed his head back on the floor as he looked up at the ceiling laying there, "A special fighter of those masked people?" Raban thought as he sighed aching in pain.

Last edited by Raban on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fletcher Ren

Fletcher Ren

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 10:59 pm

I heeded shikyos advise and stayed silent. As for watching a small void opened infront of me and I stuck my head partially through. So only my eyes went through and came out at the other void positioned in the top corner of the hall. allowing me to see everything that happened.
Once the commotion was over I let the voids disappear as nodded to Shikyo before stepping out of the box car and emerging into the hall a few meters away from where the ceasium was standing.
Back to top Go down
Kyrie Valenka

Kyrie Valenka

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 7:20 pm

Kyrie could only look on in silence, having slipped into another compartment to shield herself from the fighting. It felt utterly selfish, and the feelings gnawed at the insides of her—or, perhaps, that was just a result of having not eaten for ages—and she longed to step out, to do something, but she knew she'd only make a fool of herself if she tried to fight with her bare hands. She didn't even have shoes.

There was Raban, standing just close enough to some monstrous creature to reason with it. It begged for its life, and for a moment, Kyrie was convinced Raban would put it out of its misery, but in the end, the twisted thing scuttled off into the desert, eyes bleary with newfound freedom.

Once the creature was gone, Kyrie crouched down in the compartment, and, using the stone on her bracelet—although "her" bracelet was something of a relative term, seeing as it, like most of her jewelry, had been stolen—she began to carve out the circle of runes on the floor to summon a copy of her dagger. She'd never owned a scythe or a broadsword, and, as such, she'd never marked one; she'd only every contemplated weaponry in the context of self-defense.

Just shy of carving the last symbol, Kyrie stopped and reached a hand out to find something to dissolve. She found a doorknob. It would have to do. Just as she was about to disintegrate it, however, another figure strode into the hall. Kyrie herself could just barely make out the edge of his outline from behind the half-shut compartment door, but what she did catch sent a sort of instinctive chill up her spine and set a tightness in the scars on her back. She froze, silent. She could dissolve the doorknob and rather loudly scratch the last rune into the floor and have her dagger... or she could sit, silent and defenseless, not knowing whether or not the figure had already noticed her, himself.

Ah, what the hell? She swept a hand up to glide across the surface of the doorknob, and it sunk into her skin. In the same moment, she carved the last of the summoning seal into the floor, and from the seal rose a small, deadly dagger with a malicious little glint to it.

She wasn't sure how useful it would be, but it was better than nothing. Kyrie stood on the other side of the compartment door, waiting with bated breath with the hopes that the figure in the hall would just pass her by.
Back to top Go down
Shikyo

Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 8:05 pm

Shikyo rose once the fighting was done. He indicated that Ren should as well, "Please bring that man to me. I have something I need to do." Having said that, he walked over to the girl that he noticed drawing something into the floor that then spawned a dagger. "Hello. My name is Shikyo." he smiled at her wondering what she would say and do in response.
Back to top Go down
Fletcher Ren

Fletcher Ren

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:14 pm

I picked up the man. And took him over to Shikyo. I dropped the man and looked at the girl. I pulled the piece of paper from my pocket. A detailed description of the thief "Shikyo I want this one..." I said motioning to the girl
Back to top Go down
Raban

Raban

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:23 pm

Raban coughed as he got carried still dangling his gun and sword in his hands. "Need to run...." Raban thought as he shook himself a little as a stone fell out with a sign on it as the train busted from the inside revealing 6 giant golems looking at the man that was carrying Raban and the other man crouched down. 3 golems attacked the man carrying Raban but only pushing him with intention as one golem grabs Raban and runs away with him as the other 3 golems looked at the crouched man only to become hostile and looked at him intent as they attack him leaving 2 golems to attack the man that was holding Raban and the crouched man to side track them until Raban was gone from there sight before Raban blacked out from the pain.
Back to top Go down
Fletcher Ren

Fletcher Ren

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:07 pm

I sighed as the 2 golems attacking me walked into a void disappearing. Then the golem running away with Raban walked through one. Coming back beside me. I looked up and waited. Within a few seconds the golems that had disappeared fell to earth with a massive thud. Crumbling on impact.
Back to top Go down
Leraje

Leraje

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:47 pm

Fletcher Ren wrote:
I sighed as the 2 golems attacking me walked into a void disappearing. Then the golem running away with Raban walked through one. Coming back beside me.  I looked up and waited. Within a few seconds the golems that had disappeared  fell to earth with a massive thud. Crumbling on impact.

I was reading the glass house roleplay and saw Ren's rp statement using a void yet his spells don't do that except blink. As for Raban wouldn't he not have been able to be seen by Ren even with his blink ability since Raban did post he was out your guys line of sight. So I must ask what do you take of this?

-Just a question that gave me a headache.
P.S. Raban used a item from his weapon list giving him the effect to run away not be captured said void that there within your spell list. Sorry for being harsh it seems really unfair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]   Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Of Glass Houses and River Stones [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next