Gallia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallia

A roleplay site where all is welcome, just hold the drama :)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Some rules that you should follow EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 4:01 pm by Quindaro

»  A question.
Some rules that you should follow EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 3:42 pm by Zyxeir

» Anybody out there still?
Some rules that you should follow EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 6:24 pm by Quindaro

» Return from break
Some rules that you should follow EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 8:28 pm by Shikyo

» Administration
Some rules that you should follow EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:21 am by Gajeel Volk

» time to Get this place back on Track
Some rules that you should follow EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 4:27 pm by Ragecano

» Second Takeover (Siege)
Some rules that you should follow EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:31 pm by Harsolf

» Kenta and his spell
Some rules that you should follow EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 3:35 pm by Shrade

» Kenta and his weapons
Some rules that you should follow EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 2:56 pm by Shrade

Top posters
Fletcher Ren
Some rules that you should follow I_vote_lcapSome rules that you should follow I_voting_barSome rules that you should follow I_vote_rcap 
Quindaro
Some rules that you should follow I_vote_lcapSome rules that you should follow I_voting_barSome rules that you should follow I_vote_rcap 
Axium Ziakri
Shikyo
Harsolf
Masaaki Amaterasu
Kami Taka
Riotier
luc_5
Miyako Kiyoshi
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Some rules that you should follow

Go down 
+2
Leraje
Shikyo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shikyo

Shikyo

Some rules that you should follow Empty
PostSubject: Some rules that you should follow   Some rules that you should follow EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Hey all. Seeing that were no rules previous to this, I have taken it upon myself in order to create some simple guidelines that are generally accepted across all RPs.

1. Respect the posting order. This means that once you post in a topic, you should wait for all other participants to post before you make a second post. When you post out of turn, this leads to an extension of the story while one, or more, characters are left at a standstill and players have been known to abandon topics due to an excessive amount of posts from their last one.

2. Death happens. Not all characters are going to peace loving hippies. You will encounter a fair share of evil characters that want nothing more than to kill you. You are not required to join topics with these characters however, once you have you should continue to post as you never know what could happen during the course of a topic. You may be able to save yourself.

3. One Liners. A "One Liner" is a post consisting of a single line, or sentence, of text. These should be avoided as much as possible. This is not to say that it is absolutely unacceptable as there times where a one liner is acceptable or all together unavoidable, such as in the case of conversations between two characters.

4. Cussing. Cussing is an accepted vernacular however, excessive cussing is unacceptable and it should be noted that many have been changed, using a filter, that will change all cussing into rather strange yet, accepted, replacements. Many of you are aware of the changes in the chat box, or cb for short, however, you should be aware that these changes also affect your posts.

5. Common Courtesy. This should be afforded to ALL members of the site by ALL members of the site. Should you have a serious issue with another member then it is your responsibility to Private Message, or PM, a staff member. If you have a problem with a staff member then, PM a different staff member. Staff members can be identified by the purple color of their usernames.

6. Spamming. Spamming is defined as posting useless information in great numbers. This will not be tolerated.

7. Staff. Staff will have the last word in any argument. If you feel that you have not been treated fairly by any staff member, please PM another staff member so that the issue can be resolved without needless arguing over the cb.

8. Metgaming. Metagaming is taking control of a character other than your own in order to force them into favorable positions. This is not allowed and you will either be forced to change your post or you will have to deal with other consequences.

9. Godmoding. This is when you hit a character without allowing the other player to react to it. This is also not allowed and the consequences are the same as Metagaming.

10. Post Bombing. This is defined as posting in a topic with actions or comments unrelated to the topic at hand. For example, a person posts in a topic that he confesses a love to another character while the topic is in conference about a war effort. Should you do this, your post will be deleted. No exceptions.

Please note that this list is subject to change as new rules are deemed necessary by the actions of groups or individuals require. This list should be checked for updates on a semi-regular basis.

Last edited by Shikyo on Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leraje

Leraje

PostSubject: Re: Some rules that you should follow   Some rules that you should follow EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 4:33 pm

I like these new rules.
Back to top Go down
Masaaki Amaterasu

Masaaki Amaterasu

PostSubject: Re: Some rules that you should follow   Some rules that you should follow EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 7:34 pm

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Otonashi

Otonashi

PostSubject: Re: Some rules that you should follow   Some rules that you should follow EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Don't forget about godmodding, metagaming, and past tense when you're fighting.
Back to top Go down
Leraje

Leraje

PostSubject: Re: Some rules that you should follow   Some rules that you should follow EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 8:25 pm

^I agree with that too.
Back to top Go down
Ragecano

Ragecano

PostSubject: Re: Some rules that you should follow   Some rules that you should follow EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 9:19 pm

Now here is something I feel that should be brought to the attention now that it is here: postbombing. I've seen people in the chatbox talking about how one person "postbombed" and all that crap, blah blah blah, cheerio, whatever. Well, a friend told me that "postbombing" is when one makes a post that disrupts the natural flow of the entire topic. Often times, the post is irrelevant to the situation at hand. I hope my bringing this to attention shall prompt a change, and none of this will happen in the near future.

Best Regards,
                                                                                              Ragecano
Back to top Go down
Axium Ziakri
Admin
Axium Ziakri

PostSubject: Re: Some rules that you should follow   Some rules that you should follow EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 3:11 pm

hmm..
Back to top Go down
Shikyo

Shikyo

PostSubject: Re: Some rules that you should follow   Some rules that you should follow EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 3:36 pm

Hmm, what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some rules that you should follow   Some rules that you should follow Empty

Back to top Go down

Some rules that you should follow
Page 1 of 1